Here is what Dr. Fuhrman recommends for anyone with an autoimmune disease
- High-nutrient, vegan diet, rich in green veggies
- Blended soups and blended saladds to increase absorption of phytochemical compounds.
- Fresh vegetable juice (carrots, beets, parsley, kale, and other greens)
- High dose of fish oils or plant derived EPA and DHA
- Beneficial bowel flora (not sure what this is yet)
- Natural anti-inflammatory herbs such as turmeric, quercetin, ginger, and bioflavonoids.
- Multivitamin/ mineral plus additional vitamin D supplement.
- Water only fasting, used periodically if necessary
- Avoid salt, wheat and oil!